History 

Beginnings of the company date back to 1845, when under the brand Marienhutte, the company was manufacturing paper cylinders, body castings and steam pots.

The date 19th September 1949 is said to be the moment, when the company under the name Fabryka Urządzeń Mechanicznych got back to life after its rebuild after World War II.

First casting was manufactured in 1951r and it was an street inlet.

On 12th April 1952, first casting of the shell for paper cylinder was manufactured. Founders from Chocianów were also said to be one of the first people in the country that started production of moulds and cores using self-hardening mass and licensed cast iron Machinate in class GE, GD, GC.

At the same time, during rebuild of the foundry, production portfolio of the company was increased; in 1951 first drilling machine has been assembled in the foundry.

Between 1954 and 1974, the company manufactured over 18 000 drilling machines in 11 types, which of 3 000 was sold abroad to 52 countries, e.g. USA, England, Germany and France.

In 70's, the company started to manufacture CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) lathe machines. In very short period of time, new technology of manufacturing these machines was invented and implemented.

Castings poured in CHOFUM with weight up to 20 000 KG and made of gray and low alloy cast iron in few classes have reached respect and good opinion of many customers all over the world in whole industry. In 80's, company's capacity was about 9 000 tons per annum.

In 1993, Fabryka Urządzeń Mechanicznych was transformed into one-entity state-owned company.

In 1997 during 69th International Trade Show in Poznan, CHOFUM's CT-32N3 lathe machine was awarded gold medal.

Very important point in the history of the company, was entering CHOFUM's shares into International Investment Fund, which acquired 33% shares of the company.

In 1998, during 70th International Trade Show in Poznan, CHOFUM was awarded Mister Export for its dynamic cylinder sales on international markets. The company has also gained quality certificates from TUV and ASME in scope of cylinder components manufacturing.

In 1999, the company has implemented ISO 9001 Quality Management System and gained ISO 9001 certificate.

The company, at the same year, has invented its own manufacturing technology and started realization of first contract for tubbing rings. Castings were made from gray cast iron and were used in mine shaft R-XI building for KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. in Lubin (Poland).

In 2000 the company has started up induction furnaces at foundry department for cast iron melting and for moulding mass regeneration. Capacity was improved to 17 000 Mg annually and also foundry's capacity for making ductile cast iron castings has increased.

In 2001 - CHOFUM began deliveries of tubbings for Warsaw Undeground tunnel lining

In 2003 - CHOFUM began deliveries of milling balls for Zakład Wzbogacania Rud at KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.

In 2005 - GWARANT Capital Group S.A. in Katowice has aquired majority of shares of the company.

In 2008 - the Company invented its own manufacturing technology and started realization of first contract for tubbing rings. Castings were made from ductile cast iron and were used in mine shaft SW 4 building for KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. in Lubin (Poland).

In 2008 - the Comany has invented and implemented, in cooperaion with Instytut Odlewnictwa in Kraków, technology for manufacturing wide range of castings made oo ductile cast iron; this led to meet client's requirements.

Between 2010 and 2011, CHOFUM has realized first contract for delivery of ductile cast iron tubbings for Canadian Market - for company Thyssen Mudjatik from Canada.

In 2011 main shareholder has aquired 100% shares of Fabryka Urządzeń Mechanicznych CHOFUM w Chocianowie S.A. Also in 2011, the company has implemented manufacturing technology for production of castings used in sailing and boats industry.

In 2012 CHOFUM has realized first contract for delivery of cast iron tubbings for Russian market - for company EuroChem.